6.09.2009

Balmain Madness



So, this weekend I spent more hours than I care to remember looking for a statement jacket, and managed to find myself in Zara which just happens to be my favourite shop on the high street (this month)!

Unable to find anything that ticked all of my imaginary boxes, I decided to find the nearest Starbucks - One needs a regular caffeine top-up when faced with issues such as the one I was faced with!!

As I walked out of the shop, a shiny military style button caught my eye!! Could it be a Balmain replica?? Surely not!!

For those who understand the significance of this find, you can imagine my excitement. I mean, unless you are Mrs Beckham or one of Jay-Z's ladies (Beyonce or Rhianna to be exact) a replica is as close as you really want to get to these jackets!!

With the Denim version, a la Rhi Rhi costing exactly £2920 and Beyonce's wool version rumoured to cost $11,000 (price in £s dependant on current exchange rate), one can only imagine how much Madame Beckham paid for her leather version. Why else would she wear it 3 times in the same month?

To my surprise, the Zara jacket was in fact Balmainesque, but unfortunately my excitement soon faded when I caught a glimpse of myself in it. It just looked wrong on me and I was forced to walk away.

That being said, I applaud Zara's attempt which does look very classy and chic, and with a price tag of £89, if you have been bitten by the Balmain bug and just can't justify spending thousands on a jacket you might as well head to your nearest Zara! Here

3 comments:

  1. 1st FOLLOWER GOES TO .......ME :-)
    Excellent blog and very stylishly done and Chic is the word of the page. Hats OFF to the Author or should I say Jackets ON , didnt realise that the Jackets were so expensive as I was present during the ZARA GATE BALMIAN affair.

    At least its good to know recession is affecting the whole world for Mrs Beckham to "FASHION FORBID" wear it 3 times in the same month but at least she now knows my pain of utilising the same jeans 3 times in the same week........After washing OF COURSE :-) but really its not recession she likes her jacket and i like my jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. corrr....u've got a keen follower there!
    anyway, whilst ur follower loves u, I LOVE Rhi Rhi's jacket...ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!!!

    jEN cAKES u've paved the wayyyyyyy!!!

    ReplyDelete